Must Read- Sept. 10, 2013: CU Rate Increase, Syria, George Zimmerman Arrested
The Springfield council okays a rate increase in 2014, 2015, and 2016. They say the rates must be increased because of the EPA.
- City council oks electric rate increases. (News-Leader)
in 2008 while running for office, President Obama said that he will make electric rates skyrocket.
Syria is working with Russia on a plan to place its weapons under international control for dismantling.
Secretary of State John Kerry said that if America attacks Syria that it would be "unbelievably small" and that they had a week to take action and give up his chemical weapons.
Susan Rice gave her two thoughts on Syria.
- Obama adviser Susan Rice pushes president's case for strike against Syria. (Washington Post)
- Susan Rice returns to CIA talking points. (Washington Post)
43% of Americans are now not paying federal taxes. This is down from the previous 47%
- Infamous 47% not paying federal taxes, now 43%. (Fox News)
News came out over the weekend that George Zimmerman was arrested due to his wife's phone call to 911.
- Police: Zimmerman wife not pressing charges. (USA Today)
- Lake Mary police are now calling into question several statements Shellie Zimmerman made to 911. (ABC Action News)
9/11 Biker Ride:
A biker group planning on riding through DC, in honor of 9/11 victims, were not grated a no-stop permit for their rally. Some are upset because a Muslim rally was granted a permit.
- Bikers denied no-stop permit for 9/11 rally through DC but will ride anyway. (Washington Times)