Must Read- Sept. 11, 2013: Syria Speech, Veto Session, CO Politicians Ousted
Last night President Obama spoke to the nation about Syria.
- Fact Check: Obama's Syria case still lacks proof. (AP)
- Obama's Syria speech: 10 things you need to know. (USA Today)
- Obama's full Syria address. (Politico)
During the presidential campaign, the Obama team attacked Romney for wanting to go into Syria.
- Biden during 2012 campaign: Romney "ready to go to war with Syria." (CBS DC)
- VIDEO: Biden on Romney in 2012. (Buzz Feed Politics)
War in Afghanistan:
2,144 US soldiers have lost their lives during the war in Afghanistan. 1,575 of those deaths have taken place under Obama's presidency.
Two Democrat lawmakers in Colorado were recalled yesterday.
- Colorado state Senators recalled over gun control support. (Fox News)
- Colorado lawmakers ousted in recall vote over gun law. (New York Times)
- Bloomberg wasted $350,000 on Colorado recall. (Breitbart)
The American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO) has announced that they will allow anyone in the country to join their union.
- Labor, with union membership declining, will woo non-workers. (The Hill)
- Blue-collar laborers rebel at AFL-CIO's embrace of progressives. (Washington Times)
Missouri Veto Session:
Missouri state lawmakers are reporting to Jefferson City today for a special session to override Governor Nixon's vetos on legislation.
- 19 Senate bills vetoed by Nixon. (PoliticMo)
- 5 things to know about Missouri's veto session. (News-Leader)
One of the most talked about vetos of Governor Nixon has been on HB253 which would cut income tax in Missouri.
- In Missouri, Governor turns tax cut debate against GOP. (New York Times)
- MO income tax cut faces challenge in vet session. (San Francisco Gate)
- Override HB253 veto. (News-Leader)
- House Bill 253
On October 21st Coke will release a hot ginger ale in Japan vending machines.
- Coca-Cola Japan introduces hot ginger ale. (NY Daily News)
A Michigan company is letting go over 1,000 employees because of the medical device tax.
- Obamacare medical device tax causes one company to lay off over 1,000 people. (The Weekly Standard)