Must Read- Sept. 19, 2013: Mass Shootings, Jim Viebrock, Food Stamps
Image by Jim Viebrock
There are nine mass shootings that you haven't heard about from the media because the ended quickly due to someone with a firearm.
We are learning that a tactical team called CERT was told to stand down during the Navy Yard shooting.
- First response team ordered to prematurely "stand down" at Navy Yard shooting. (RT)
- Probe launched over claim that elite Capitol Police unit blocked from Navy Yard massacre. (Fox News)
A group is hoping that deep cuts to the food stamp program, SNAP, do not occur in the farm bill.
- Group calls for end to political "Hunger Games" over farm bill. (Ozarks First)
- Missouri ProVote
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program- SNAP
Greene County Tax:
The Springfield Chamber of commerce is supporting a new tax.
- Springfield Chamber backs county use tax. (News-Leader)
Author of the week:
- Dumbing Down the Courts: How Politics Keeps the Smartest Judges Off the Bench
- ABC Books on North Glenstone
Greene County Politics:
Greene County Presiding Commissioner, Jim Viebrock, says he will not run for the position again.
- Viebrock not running again for Greene County presiding commissioner. (News-Leader)
- Greene County presiding commissioner says one term is enough. (KSPR)