Must Read- Sept. 24, 2013: Government Shutdown, Veto Override Session, Pelosi on Declaration of Independence
Missouri Veto Override Image by MGN Online
Debate has started on shutting down the government over Obamacare funding.
- McConnell, Cornyn whipping votes against Ted Cruz. (Breitbart)
- Cruz sets confrontational tone as Senate debate begins. (Wall Street Journal)
- What a government shutdown means to non-profit organizations. (Ozarks First)
- Citizens look at the local impact of a government shutdown. (Ozarks First)
Missouri Veto Session:
Several representative who voted against the tax cut veto override held a local meeting after the vote. Some Republicans are upset that Speaker Jones made them vote.
- Veto session fallout leads to mini-revolt, meeting. (News-Leader)
While Missouri Republicans fail to pass an anemic tax cut, North Carolina Republicans are seeking to kill their income tax which creates 61 percent of the state's revenue.
- North Carolina Republicans will aim to ax income tax. (Washington Post)
A 10 Commandment monument behind the Supreme Court was pushed over
- 10 Commandments monument toppled in Washington. (Breitbart)
While talking about women's rights, Nancy Pelosi confuses the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence.
- Nancy Pelosi confuses Constitution with Declaration of Independence. (The Weekly Standard)
Wet Wipes are causing problems for sewage authorities.
- Increasingly clogged sewers attributed to popular "flushable" wipes. (Washington Post)