Must Read- Sept. 6, 2013: MO Tax Cut Veto Override, PayPal
Missouri Veto Override Image by MGN Online
Missouri Tax Cut:
HB253- Changes the laws regarding the streamlined sales and use tax agreement, tax amnesty, the community development district tax, income tax, sales and use taxes, use tax nexus, and the transportation development tax.
Several Republicans are on the fence when it comes to overriding Gov. Nixon's veto of a tax cut in Missouri.
- Less than a week from veto session, Rowden among Republicans undecided on tax cut vote. (PoliticMO)
- Contact Mike Thomson, R- District 1
- Contact Nate Walker, R- District 3
- Contact Jeff Grisamore, R- District 34
- Contact Caleb Rowden, R- District 44
- Contact David Wood, R- District 58
- Contact Don Phillips, R- District 138
- Contact Dennis Fowler, R- District 151
Locke & Smith Foundation:
The Locke & Smith Foundation looks at Missouri legislation and analyzes its constitutionality.
HB7- Appropriates money for the expenses and distributions of the departments of Economic Development; Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration; and Labor and Industrial Relations
HB10- Appropriates money for the expenses, grants, refunds, and distributions of the Department of Mental Health, Board of Public Buildings, and Department of Health and Senior Services
HB19- Appropriates money for capital improvement projects
SB350- Eliminates the renter's portion of the Senior Citizens Property Tax Credit and creates the Missouri Senior Services Protection Fund
PayPal is attempting to streaming making payments in stores easier and cardless.
- Radical PayPal app upgrade streamlines in-store payments. (PC World)
- PayPal swipes at the mobile wallet. (Wall Street Journal)
169,000 new jobs were created in August.