Must Read July 25, 2013: SEAL Team 6 Crash, Springfield Lawsuit, Fearful Rescued Family
Image by iStock Photos
Seal Team 6 Helicopter Crash:
Rep. Jason Chaffetz has announced an investigation into a helicopter crash in 2011 that killed 22 members of SEAL Team 6.
Flashback: August 2011
- Helicopter crash in Afghanistan reportedly kills members of SEAL Team 6. (Fox News)
- 22 SEALs killed as Taliban rocket shoots down helicopter over Afghanistan. (New York Post)
American Idol Lawsuit:
10 black American Idol contestants are suing the show saying they were kicked off due to their race. They are each seeking $25 Million.
In a vote of 205-217, the house rejected an amendment to end the blanket collection of records under the Patriot Act.
- House rejects effort to curb NSA surveillance powers. (The Hill)
- House Amendment 413 vote. (Govtrack)
Drunk History is a weekly show on Comedy Central. The narrator of the show is drunk and tells history stories while a-list actors act out what is he explaining.
A petition was filed in Springfield to lessen the penalty of marijuana possession. The petition was passed by the Springfield council and then shortly after the council repealed the ordinance. Now there is a lawsuit against Springfield.
A Missouri Circuit Judge ruled in favor of Life360 church to give them permission to sell their land to Walmart. Anti-Walmart petitioners are not happy with the verdict and may take the ruling to a higher court.
- Walmart opponents not ready to give up. (News-Leader)
The family that George Zimmerman rescued after a car accident wanted to thank their rescuers in a press conference, but have canceled it due to possible push-back from Zimmerman haters.
- Family rescued by Zimmerman cancels news conference, fears "blowback." (Fox News)
- Family Zimmerman helped rescue after crash worried about publicity. (Orlando Sentinel)
Several days after the Zimmerman verdict, he saved a family who was involved in a car accident.
- First Look: Here's the family rescued by George Zimmerman. (The Blaze)
- Zimmerman helped pull family from overturned SUV. (The Washington Post)
A stripper who saved $1M cash to buy a club had it taken from her in Nebraska when a cop pulled her over. A judge has ruled they must return the money to the stripper.