Must Read- Jan. 9, 2014: Christie's Traffic Jam, Obama's Promise Zones
President Obama in a News Conference from the East Room of The White House. Image by MGN Online
Robert Gates' New Book:
Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates is releasing a new book called "Duty" explaining his experiences. The White House is defending claims that Biden is wrong when it comes to foreign policy.
- White House denies Gates' charge that Biden is often wrong. (McClatchy DC)
- White House backs Joe Biden against Bob Gates comments. (Politico)
The White House plays the media and focus' on Joe Biden after Gates slam on Obama and Hillary Clinton and the war.
- White House grants photographers access to Obama, Biden lunch. (Politico)
- White House denies Obama-Biden lunch opened due to Gates book. (CNN)
After the Fort Lee mayor didn't back Chris Christie for re-election, there seemed to be some problems for the mayor's city and the problems seemed to be tied to Christie.
- Christie faces scandal on traffic jam aides ordered. (New York Times)
- "It's the worst example of petty political vendetta" (New York Daily News)
- Christie "outraged" by "unacceptable" email exchanges over GWB lane closures. (CBS New York)
Obama's Promise Zones:
President Obama announced the five areas of America where the government will focus on. The focus will include creating jobs and cutting poverty.
- White House picks first five economic "Promise Zones." (Washington Post)
- Obama to name 5 "Promise Zones" for assistance. (USA Today)
Author of the Week:
This week's featured author is Charles C. Johnson
Springfield Symphony Orchestra:
The next performance is this Saturday.