A group of migrants from Central America are walking north and headed to the United States, some estimate that they crowd is as big as 4,000 people.
- Honduran migrant caravan Trump called to be stopped grows to 4,000. (The Hill)
- More Honduran migrants seek to join U.S.-bound group in Guatemala. (Yahoo News-Reuters)
- Trump threatens to call US military to close southern border as 4,000-strong migrant caravan pushes north. (Fox News)
In a new move, President Trump has said he will cut off funding to any country that allows the migrants to head north. Now it becomes not a US problem, but a problem of the countries in Central America- because they get a good amount of cash from us.
- Trump: Aid will end to Central American countries allowing migrant caravan to head to US. (USA Today)
- Donald Trump threatens to cut off aid to Honduras as thousands of migrants make their way to US-Mexico border. (Independent)
Mexico has strong immigration laws, but they have always been lax and let people travel thru, as long as they keep heading north towards the US. After Trump’s proclamation, Mexico sent troops down to their southern border to stop the migrants.
- Mexico sends forces to its southern border to block caravan of immigrants. (Valdosta Daily Times)
- Mexico sends federal forces to its southern border as migrant caravan heads north. (LA Times)
Missouri US Senate Race:
McCaskill’s campaign is calling on Josh Halwey to investigate how Project Veritas got into her campaign. She even went as far as saying Hawley had a direct hand in getting someone enbeded in her campaign… and then she realized she may have gone too far, so she stepped it back.
- McCaskill demands Hawley’s office investigate hidden-camera videos of her campaign. (Kansas City Star)
If you missed the undercover Project Veritas video- you can watch it here…
The Springfield council is considering putting regulations on payday loan businesses.
In a twee, Louis Farrakhan said he isn’t anti-semite- he is anti-termite. Many are questioning Twitter’s standards and how they are so inconsistent.
- Twitter says it won’t suspend Louis Farrakhan over tweet comparing Jews to termites. (The Hill)
I’m not an anti-Semite. I’m anti-Termite. pic.twitter.com/L5dPQcnVg4
— MINISTER FARRAKHAN (@LouisFarrakhan) October 16, 2018