Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer found themselves the joke of the internet after last night’s rebuttal to President Trump’s address to the nation, a latino sorority is suing University of Virginia for punishing them to require members to study 25 hours a week, and more.
Border Wall/ Shutdown:
Last night President Trump addressed the nation asking for funding for the border wall.
- Trump, in first-ever prime time Oval Office address, laments ‘crisis of the heart and a crisis of the soul’ at border. (Fox News)
After the speech Nancy Pelosi and Chuch Schumer countered President Trump and the internet went crazy…
- Trump speech: Twitter pokes fun of Schumer, Pelosi ‘hostage tape,’ ‘American Gothic’ vibe. (USA Today)
- Pelosi, Schumer spark laughs on social media for ‘angry parents’ rebuttal to Trump address. (Fox News)
- People Can’t Stop Sharing Jokes About Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer Sharing One Podium. (Time)
— Seth Johnson (@SethP_Johnson) January 9, 2019
If you played a drinking game where you had to drink every time Pelosi and Schumer blinked during this speech, you would be very sober at the end. pic.twitter.com/qsgEfT25fy
— Seth A. Richardson (@SethARichardson) January 9, 2019
Who OK’d their lighting and staging? It made them look like if you say their names three times while facing a mirror they’ll appear behind you. It would make anyone look harsh. They went with this optic with all the people they know in Hollywood and the networks? Seriously. pic.twitter.com/8PusDio0iN
— Dana Loesch (@DLoesch) January 9, 2019
A CNN commentator believes that Pelosi and Schumer fell into a trap set by President Trump
- Carpenter: Pelosi and Schumer falling into Trump trap. (Hastings Tribune)
Some are upset that the shutdown is causing long lines at airport security. Since the TSA has been affected, many are just calling in sick.
False Hate Crimes:
The son of a Ferguson protester was found hanging from a tree and his mother claimed his murder was retaliation for her activism. The medical examiner just ruled it as a suicide.
- Medical examiner rules death of Ferguson protester’s son a suicide. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Even thought we have learned the death of Jazmine was not a white guy looking to kill a black kid, the rhetoric is still being spread.
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee defends calling 7-year-old’s murder a hate crime: ‘There was no hysteria’ (Washington Times)
A latina sorority us suing University of Virginia because they were wrongfully accused of hazing for setting a requirement that members must do 35 hours of studying a week- even though its a similar policy to athletic teams.
- Lawsuit: Sorority Punished for ‘Hazing’ for Requiring Members to Study 25 Hours per Week. (National Review)
If you look at the headline, it justifies the liberal idea that Trump was working with the Russians. However if you look into the story, Manafort was talking about polling info with a friend and that friend had a friend who was a Russian.
- Manafort Accused of Sharing Trump Polling Data With Russian Associate. (New York Times)
Two bodies were found, several months apart, on democratic megadonor Ed Buck’s property and both were black men. Last night protesters gathered near his house and believe that the death of the first man was not investigated properly.
- Protesters Chant ‘Arrest Him Now’ After Second Man Dies Inside Home of Wealthy Democratic Donor. (Daily Beast)