Right now in Missouri if you knowingly give someone HIV you can be charged with a minimum of 10 years in prison. Lawmakers, including Republicans want that sentenced reduced- stating that having HIV is not as life-changing as it used to be.
- Bill would update HIV transmission law. (Columbia Tribune)
- Missouri’s HIV sentencing laws are outdated, advocates push for updates. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Criminal law is not an effective HIV prevention tool. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Missouri man who exposed partners to HIV clouds question of laws on disease. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Missouri House Bill 166 Introduced. (Missouri House)
- Missouri House Bill 167 Introduced. (Missouri House)
The Marshfield school district says they have 111 students that are homeless, which is up this year. When you look at the qualifications for homeless under this act it even includes people who live in trailer homes.
- Marshfield schools see an increase in homeless students. (KY3)
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Act. (US Department of Education)
President Trump’s Inaugural Committee has been asked to hand over documents. They asked for documents regarding Imaad Zuberi an entrepreneur. If you look into Zuberi’s donations- he gives to both Democrats and Republicans.. including Hillary Clinton. Nick believes they are trying to bully the rich into steering clear of people like Trump.
- Trump Inaugural Committee Is Subpoenaed for Documents. (Wall Street Journal)
- Imaad Zuberi Political Campaign Contributions- 2016 Election Cycle. (Campaign Money)
Somehow a Senator from Ohio has made the story of the Virginia Governor’s photo of “black face” on President Trump…
After the revelation of this photo of the Governor’s yearbook page- we are learning that things aren’t as stable inside the Democrat party in Virginia as we may have thought.
- Northam Scandal Opens Rift Between Top Democrats in Virginia. (New York Times)
- Fairfax suggests Gov. Northam could be behind leaked sexual assault allegation. (Fox News)
We had a similar black face debate here in Missouri many years ago.
- 20 years before Northam’s blackface scandal, Missouri’s Carnahan survived a similar disclosure. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
State of the Union:
The guests to the State of the Union have become political pawns.
- Ocasio-Cortez Invites Activist Who Cornered Flake About Kavanaugh To State Of The Union. (Daily Wire)
- Lawmakers Invited These Undocumented Immigrants as Their Guests. Will ICE Show Up, Too? (Daily Beast)
Meliania Trump has invited a young child who has been bullied because he has the last name Trump.
- First Lady’s State of the Union Guest Is a Sixth-Grader Bullied Because His Last Name Is Trump. (New York Magazine)
KSGF will air the State of the Union commercial free.
Democrats blocked the “born-alive abortion survivors protection act”