President Trump ordered a U.S. military attack that killed Iranian Gen. Qassim Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, among other military officials at Baghdad International Airport.
This comes after Iran-backed militiamen stormed the U.S. Embassy in Iraq’s capital.
Adam Schiff responded late Friday to the U.S. airstrike ordered by President Trump by Tweeting “But Congress didn’t authorize and American people don’t want a war with Iran. All steps must now be taken to protect our forces against the almost inevitable escalation and increased risk.”
Soleimani was responsible for unthinkable violence and world is better off without him.
But Congress didn’t authorize and American people don’t want a war with Iran.
All steps must now be taken to protect our forces against the almost inevitable escalation and increased risk. https://t.co/Z4HTnScFg7
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) January 3, 2020
- Schiff says Americans don’t want war with Iran after airstrike that killed Iranian general (Fox News)
Iran has vowed “harsh retaliation” for a U.S. airstrike near Baghdad’s airport that killed Tehran’s top general.
- IRAN VOWS ‘HARSH’ RESPONSE TO US KILLING OF TOP GENERAL (KSGF)
- Iran vows ‘harsh retaliation’ after US airstrike kills Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani (Fox News)
Oil prices climbed more than 4% Friday morning, following confirmation by the Pentagon that Iran’s top commander was killed in a U.S. airstrike in Baghdad.
President Trump Tweeted this morning about the Iran airstrike.
Iran never won a war, but never lost a negotiation!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 3, 2020
Ratings for the NFL increased by 5% in 2019, making it the most-watched season since 2016.
- NFL Ratings Increase for Second Straight Year (The Wall Street Journal)
Documents that Joe Biden gave to the University of Delaware’s library in 2012 from his time in the Senate will not be released before the 2020 election.
- Biden’s Senate records to remain secret for 2020 vote (The Washington Examiner)
Joe Biden is getting rid of the ‘No Malarkey’ tour bus. The new tagline is “battle for the soul of the nation.”
- No more ‘No Malarkey’: Biden debuts new campaign bus (The Washington Examiner)
Elizabeth Warren responded to the Texas church shooting on Sunday by announcing that she would not support universal conceal carry.
- Warren Responds To Hero Stopping Texas Church Shooting: I Will NOT Support Conceal Carry (The Daily Wire)
Former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe was caught leaking and lying.
Recession… Or Nah:
Just months after almost everyone on Wall Street worried that a recession was just around the corner, Goldman Sachs said a downturn is unlikely over the next several years.
The new Missouri minimum wage increase started on January 1st.
But how has minimum wage increases impacted other cities across the nation?