- Crime Stats: 46 calls for assaults, 36 calls for burglaries, and 32 calls for shots fired. This is just for one week, and just for the city limits of Springfield.
- Ban of bump stocks: Dee Wampler joins the conversation to talk about the new federal law about banning bump stocks. Matt and Dee have questions:
- What will happen next, and can this be legal?
- What about eminent domain?
- What about Ex Post Facto law?
- Is this violating the Fifth Amendment in regards to:
“– nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”
- Missouri gun laws: On a micro-level, Missouri lawmakers are pre-filing gun control legislation for the 2019 session. This legislation suggests that guns can be taken away from friends/family if there’s a thought of self harm. The police would come in and take away the gun(s), and that person would then have 14 days to go before a judge to attempt to get your guns back. For more info, click here.