Hour 2 –
Nick Reed talks about a variety of topics in the news, including:
- “The Muppet Show” on Disney+ now has a declaimer warning viewers of “offensive content.”
- Meanwhile, Coca-Cola is making employees go through racism training that teaches the company’s workers how to “be less white.”
- The Atlantic wrote a piece about how the prices on the Monopoly board are racist.
- A Dominican-American Bronx educator, one year away from retirement, says she was fired after refusing to participate in the cross-arm, “Wakanda forever” salute to Black power.
- A Cornell University course titled “BIPOC Rock Climbing,” was originally restricted to “people who identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or other people of color.”
- Comedian Adam Carolla got into a fight with the LA teachers union about going back to school.
- Rep. Ro Khanna (D-CA) made a comment about small businesses that couldn’t afford to pay a minimum wage of $15 per hour.