Ride The Ducks Incident
Last night, a severe storm swept through the Ozarks. This storm included heavy participation and strong wind gusts over 80 mph. On Table Rock Lake, there was two 'Ride The Ducks' - one of them making it back to shore, the other capsizing with 31 total passengers on board. The Stone County sheriff has confirmed 11 fatalities in the incident involving the 'Ride The Ducks' boat capsizing on Table Rock Lake near Branson, Missouri. Sheriff Doug Rader says children were among the dead.
- Severe Weather In The Ozarks Causes Strong Winds Through Springfield Metro (KSGF)
- Sheriff: 11 dead, 14 survived, and 8 still missing after Duck boat crashes on Table Rock Lake (KSGF)
- AUDIO: Listen to dispatch call for 30+ people in the water after Duck crash at Table Rock Lake (KSGF)
- Eyewitness video: Branson duck boat struck by huge waves on Table Rock Lake (Springfield News-Leader)
Claire McCaskill Ads
The Missouri branch of Americans for Prosperity just announced earlier this week they plan to spend close to $1.8 million on ads against Senator Claire McCaskill. In the meantime, McCaskill has launched new ads on TV.
- New Ad (Facebook)
- Koch brothers launch $1.8M ad campaign against McCaskill (Fox News)
Asher Caffe & Lounge - Los Angeles
“So what’s the connection? This is what I don’t understand. I’m confused — the connection between Donald Trump and good coffee." Is the response of business owner Asher Shalom. Shalom says he became a United States citizen over 30 years ago, and says his coffee shop was protested due to his political stance.
- ‘I Love Peace,’ Says Boyle Heights Cafe Owner Of Protest Over Support Of Trump Immigration Policies (CBS)
Listening to the 'Other Side'
Actor Mark Duplass tweeted out earlier this week for the left side to open their mind and listen to the right so we can understand one another. Duplass said he believed it's important to listen to both sides... His tweet backfired, and is now apologizing for encouraging open conversations.