A bipartisan committee was formed to look at possible impeachment charges against Governor Gireitens.
- Veteran Missouri lawmaker to chair House committee investigating governor’s indictment. (Missourinet)
- How does the impeachment process work in Missouri? (Missouri Times)
After backlash on social media, many companies have decided to walk away from the NRA.
- NRA fallout: See the list of companies that cut discounts for NRA members after Parkland, Florida school shooting. (USA Today)
Georgia is threatening to take away tax credits from Delta if they stop supporting the NRA.
- A Georgia Republican’s threat to Delta: Stop boycotting the NRA, or you won’t get your tax break. (Washington Post)
FedEx refuses to back down of their support for the NRA.
- FedEx under fire for NRA discounts as activists, Florida students press boycott; company says no changing coming. (Commercial Appeal)
There are numerous bills right now in the Missouri Capitol that would change laws in the state regarding firearms.
- Monday gun day: Missouri lawmakers hold hearing on eight different bills about firearms. (Springfield News-Leader)
- HB 1256- Imposes restrictions on the use of firearm tracking technology. (Missouri House)
- HB 1865- Specifies that lawful owners of firearms may transport or store the firearms in locked, privately-owned motor vehicles. (Missouri House)
- HB 1936- Modifies provisions relating to the concealed carrying of firearms. (Missouri House)
- HB 1937- Prohibits political subdivisions from regulating the open carry of firearms. (Missouri House)
- HB 1326- Authorizes a tax deduction for the costs of firearm training or firearm safety courses. (Missouri House)
- HB 1733- Repeals certain provisions relating to the stand your ground law and the constitutional carry law. (Missouri House)
- HB 2281- Requires that all sales or transfers of firearms be processed through a licensed firearms dealer. (Missouri House)
- HB 1342- Prohibits persons from selling, delivering, or transferring to a person under 18 years of age firearm ammunition or accessories. (Missouri House)
Vehicle Property Tax and Inspections:
Wallethub just released new data about the states with the least and most property tax on vehicles.
- Vehicle Property Tax Ranking. (Wallethub)
Missouri Representative Elijah Haahr has proposed changes to the way Missourians are taxed... included changes at the DMV.
- Haahr's tax reform plan includes tax cuts, higher DMV fees. (News-Leader)
- HB 2540-Changes the laws regarding the collection of state moneys. (Missouri House)
There are only 16 states that require state inspections on vehicles and one lawmaker is looking at eliminating these inspections.
She is one again talking about Democrats trying to impeach President Trump.