7th Congressional Race:
In what Nick calls the "Greitens' effect"- Jim Evans who has run as a Democrat in 2012 and 2014 for the 7th congressional seat has now announced he is running again... but as a Republican. He is labeling himself a "freelance" candidate.
- Jim Evans announces another run for US rep, this time as a Republican. (News-Leader)
- Jim Evans announces unconventional primary challenge against Billy Long. (News-Leader)
Robert Muller now has 16 attorneys working on his team and he has packed it with people who don't like President Trump. Now Republicans are teaming up with Democrats to protect him.
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller Impanels Washington Grand Jury in Russia Probe. (Wall Street Journal)
- Senators Take Action to Protect Robert Mueller's Trump Investigation. (Time)
West Virginia Governor:
Last night at a West Virginia rally with President Trump, Governor Jim Justice announced he can no longer help his state as a Democrat and is switching his party to Republican.
- West Virginia governor switches to GOP during Trump rally. (New York Post)
Imran Awan, who had ties to Pakistan, was arrested for bank fraud charges. He also was a IT staff member for the Democrat party with access to sensitive information.
- The Scandal That Matters. (Wall Street Journal)
- Watchdog wants investigation into Wasserman Schultz over IT staffer. (Politico)
- Wasserman Schultz talks about arrested aide Imran Awan. (Sun Sentinel)