Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal:
Missouri Democrat state Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal posted on social media that she hopes that President Trump is assassinated. She then removed it, saying that she posted it, with her personal account, out of frustration. Now U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill and the chair of Missouri's Democrat Party are calling for her to resign from office. Governor Greitens is also calling for her resignation.
- McCaskill, Clay and others call for Mo. senator to resign after post hoping for Trump's assassination. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
The Secret Service is investigating her threats. They say that they weigh two things- was this threat serious. The answer will be probably not. The second may be where they get her- they look at if the person has influence over others.
Threatening the President is a is a felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871 with punishment up to five years in prison.
- 18 U.S. Code § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency. (Cornell Law School)
As of right now, she says she's not resigning.
- Controversial Missouri Senator sticks to her guns, says she will not resign. (Missourinet)
I am not resigning. When POC are respected by this WH & they are willing to do real work, I'll sit down with them. People are traumatized! https://t.co/rmsL4pQSTg— MariaChappelleNadal (@MariaChappelleN) August 18, 2017
(Flashback) Remember when she did this?
Dr. Joseph Davis was arrested for felony fraud in connection to a previous job in North Carolina.
- Ferguson-Florissant schools superintendent arrested over matters at a North Carolina school system. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
It looks like the City of Springfield is getting closer to banning all Pit Bulls from the city limits.
- Springfield City Council to vote on plan to ban pit bulls. (News-Leader)
A group of Pit Bull owners and supporters will be holding a peaceful protest outside of city hall.
- Don't Bully My Bully. (Facebook event)
Springfield Public Schools:
After reading this story it feels like Springfield Public Schools have not changed how they handle people who commit crimes against children since the Ronnie White issue.
- Springfield man indicted on child porn worked at Rountree. (News-Leader)
For some reason in Chicago someone burned the bust of President Abraham Lincoln- the guy who is known for helping free slaves.
- Alderman says Lincoln bust in West Englewood burned. (Chicago Sun Times)