WATCH IT HAPPEN LIVE HERE
In Springfield the solar eclipse will be about 96% for us. The moon will be in the sun's path starting at 11:44am and continue for almost 3 hours. The sky will start to get dark around 12:30pm and the best time to see the peak of the eclipse will be 1:13pm
- View what the solar eclipse will look like where you live? (Eclipse Megamovie)
Did you miss out on eclipse glasses? You can still view the eclipse if you have a cereal box laying around.
MSU will be hosting a solar eclipse viewing party today with free glasses!
- Solar Eclipse 2017. (Missouri State)
Don't look at the eclipse today with your naked eye, or take photos of it without precautions.
If you can't go outside- NASA will be live streaming the eclipse online.
- Eclipse live coverage. (NASA TV)
Don't take pictures of the eclipse unless you have taken special precautions!
- How to photograph the eclipse with your phone. (CNET)
- Can taking eclipse photos damage your smartphone? (Chicago Tribune)
- Yes, Your iPhone Can Photograph the Eclipse. (Wall Street Journal)
- A photographer shows what happens if you try to shoot the eclipse without a filter. (The Verge)
Restaurants and the post office are offering specials today in celebration.
- Denny's offering 'mooncakes' for the total solar eclipse. (KSGF)
- Krispy Kreme creates special eclipse doughnut. (KSGF)
- Solar eclipse stamp uses color-changing ink and is available at the post office now. (KSGF)
Today is the big day and students in Ozark may not be able to watch the eclipse because their glasses never came in.
- Ozark students may be kept inside during solar eclipse. (News-Leader)
On Friday Gray Television announced locally that a handful of people would be laid off at KY3 and KSPR.
Democrats in Greene County have been talking about changing the name of their Jackson Days forever because of President Andrew Jackson's history. The new name will be Democrat Days of the Ozarks.
- Local Democrats to change 'tone deaf' name of Jackson Day. (News-Leader)
Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal:
Late last week the Missouri senator posted on social media "I hope Trump is assassinated." Since then she has announced she will not be stepping down from her role, ,apologized, and she said Jesus is her judge.
- Missouri Democrat who hoped for Trump assassination apologizes amid calls for her resignation. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Embattled Missouri Senator apologizes to Trump, stands by refusal to resign. (Missourinet)
U.S. Senator McCaskill, the head of the Democrat Party of Missouri, Governor Greitens and Lt. Gov. Parson have all called for her resignation.
Some are upset that the Netflix show 'Ozark' makes us look bad.
- Horrigan: Netflix goes to Georgia to trash Missourians and the Lake of the Ozarks. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
There is now an investigation to see if Imran Awan actually gave intelligence to Russia.
Joshua Witt says he was attacked because someone thought his haircut made him a modern-day Nazi.
- Man stabbed after haircut gets him mistaken for a neo-Nazi. (New York Post)
This weekend a former chair of the Democrat Party, Howard Dean, announced to the world that if you vote for a Republican that you are a Nazi.