Springfield Pit Bull Ban:
Residents who are upset about the pit bull ban have already ask the City of Springfield for paperwork for an official petition to repeal the ban.
- Residents Petition to Repeal Pit Bull Ban. (Ozarks First)
- Citizen group begins circulating petitions to repeal Springfield's new pit bull ban. (News-Leader)
Citizens against breed specific legislation will be holding a meeting tomorrow night.
- Joining Of The Bully Groups Weekly Meetings. (Facebook)
Every pit bull inside the city of Springfield will need to be registered before the January 1st deadline, even with the petition initiative in process. If the petitioners get the signatures needed there are 2 options- the city could say "oops," and repeal the ban (which doesn't seem likely right now) or it will go to a vote- and the earliest the vote can take place is is after the January 1st deadline.
If you are against the ban on pit bulls you are asking to not just sign the change.org petition, because it is not an official one.
Springfield Food Truck Park:
It appears that the food truck park will be dissolving soon. They have had some issues with the City of Springfield and new requirements certain infrastructure.
Author of the Week:
We've gone from "Give me liberty, or give me death!" to "Take care of me, please."
- Not a Day Care: The Devastating Consequences of Abandoning Truth. (KSGF)
- ABC Books. (Facebook)
I guess if you attend just one Klan rally, you aren't a racist... if you are Margaret Sanger. If President Trump were to attend one Klan rally- what would happen?
- FACT CHECK: Margaret Sanger, the alleged white supremacist. (Columbia Missourian)
Geraldo Rivera, who is no defender of President Trump, defended his handling of Puerto Rico and the fake news of a cholera outbreak.