Savannah Guthrie started the TODAY show by announcing that Matt Lauer has been fired for inappropriate sexual behavior
- 'Today' anchor Matt Lauer fired from NBC News over sexual misconduct allegations. (KSGF)
- NBC News Chairman Andy Lack's statement on Matt Lauer's firing. (KSGF)
- Matt Lauer allegedly sexually assaulted staffer during Olympics. (Page Six)
- NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation. (New York Times)
Some have questioned whether Illinois Representative Luis Gutierrez may have stepped down because he was trying to stop allegations of sexual misconduct.
Republicans need 51 votes in the senate to pass tax cuts. Some are trying to woo Senator McCaskill to vote with Republicans.
Liberals are hoping that John McCain will be the one to sink tax cuts.
- McCain could save the country from this terrible tax bill. (Washington Post)
- Republican Victory May Rest Once Again With McCain, This Time on Taxes. (New York Times)
City of Springfield:
After the pit bull ban backfired on the Springfield City Council, now they are considering making all dog owners register their animals.