New York City Attack:
Yesterday Akayed Ullah, who entered America on a diversity visa lottery, tried to detonate a suicide bomb in New York. The bomb pre-maturely went off and only injured the terrorist.
- NYC Terror Suspect Came to U.S. as Foreign Relative of ‘Visa Lottery’ Immigrant. (Breitbart)
- New York terrorist suspect got into the country on a family visa Donald Trump wants to end. (Newsweek)
- Taxi driver 'intentionally' detonated crude bomb made of Xmas lights, sugar and match heads in NYC subway tunnel after 'seeing Christmas posters on wall' and days after 'big row with his family' (Daily Mail)
Springfield Pit Bull Ban:
Last night the Springfield City Council voted not to repeal the pit bull ban. Because they refused to repeal it, because of a petition initiative, it will now go to voters. The election is set for August 2018.
- City Council Votes 'No' On Repeal Of Pit Bull Ban. (KSGF)
- Voters will decide fate of Springfield's controversial pit bull ban, council says. (News-Leader)
Some are questioning the city picking the date August 7th because the city charter says that after the council decides- they must "call a special election on the next date authorized by law for such election." It looks like the next available election for a municipal election is April 3rd.
A Missouri lawmaker, Bill Reiboldt, has filed legislation for 2018 to allow police to pull you over for violating seat belt laws.
- Key Missouri lawmaker files seat belt legislation. (Missourinet)
Springfield is considering the same thing...
Today is election day in Alabama. The fate will be decided in Roy Moore's senate race.
A vigil was held for Kate Steinle, a woman who was killed by an illegal immigrant. Some weren't very respectful.
- Kate Steinle vigil trashed at UC Berkeley. (Washington Examiner)