- Springfield News-Leader: Missouri's Blue Alert law takes effect in 3 weeks.
- Would it have helped in Clinton?
Blue Alert systems are similar to Amber alerts: to quickly send out information following a serious incident.
- Fat shaming: A course entitled “Fat Studies” at Oregon State University argues that “weightism” is a civil rights issue, and something needs to be done about it.
- The course will examine “body weight, shape, and size as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination that intersects with other systems of oppression based on gender, race, class, age, sexual orientation, and ability.”
- The class will be taught by Professor Patti Lou-Watkins who says "My course now frames body image disturbances more as a function of oppressive societal structures than of individual pathology."