Yesterday was primary election day in Missouri. Josh Hawley will take on Senator McCaskill, voters said no to right-to-work, and more.
- Missouri August Primary Election Results. (Missouri Secretary of State)
- Greene County Primary Election Results. (Greene County Missouri Clerk)
- Christian County Primary Election Results. (Christian County Missouri Clerk)
Yesterday there was an announcement, during the election, that a special prosecutor decided not to oust Bob Cirtin from his position. This is based off of a complaint by a citizen, this is not about the whistleblower complaints.
Pit Bull Ban:
The pit bull ban was denied by Springfield voters by almost a 2 to 1 vote. Some are concerned that now that the constituent voted against their wishes- they will require registration for ALL dogs in the city limits.
The group who was organized behind the petition to get the ban overturned is now promising to go after the five council members who voted to ban pit bulls.
Proposition A/ Right-to-Work:
The right-to-work proposition was voted down 2 to 1 and Bernie Sanders was more than happy to hear that news.
I'm glad to hear Prop A was defeated tonight in Missouri. Right-to-work legislation must be defeated nationwide. We must stand together, beat back union busters, and continue to build and grow the trade union movement in this country.— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) August 8, 2018
Unions spent close to $15 million dollars working to defeat this measure. Some argue that this is the exact thing that people were fighting against- unions using dues for political issues.
- Democrats, unions declare victory as 'right to work' loses by wide margin. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Hair Braiding in Missouri:
It was recently illegal to braid hair in Missouri for money without having a 1,500 hours of training. Then the law was changed to where people would only have to pay a $20 fee and watch a video- but the people who need to post the video haven't done it yet. Josh Hawley is doing nothing about it at this point.
- Messenger: After long battle to change Missouri law, hair-braiders still being blocked by state. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Missouri Gas Tax:
Rep. Mike Moon filed a lawsuit against the gas tax vote and a judge will decide the fate shortly.
- Fate of proposed gas tax hike in Missouri could be decided next week. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
The socialist candidate from New York, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, is loved by the left. She was endorsing a handful of candidates yesterday, and all of them were defeated.
- Socialist star Ocasio-Cortez strikes out: All endorsed candidates lose Tuesday primaries. (American Mirror)
In Ohio's special election, the Republican has pulled off a win, but it's close and will probably be contested.
- 2018 Ohio Special Election Results. (Politico)
Social Media Outrage:
The Rock is getting slammed on social media for visiting an aquarium- because how dare he support animal captivity.
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson upsets animal rights advocates with pictures from aquarium visit (Fox News)
Carrie Underwood is being attacked for saying she is sad she might be too old to have a big family and more kids.