Last month saw a record number of illegals crossing the border since President Trump has been in office.
- Record arrests of Illegal-immigrant families on border bolster Trump’s emergency claim. (Washington Times)
- Record Immigration Surge at the Border. (Wall Street Journal)
The Democrats were talking about taking up a resolution vote to condemn Rep. Omar’s anti-Semitism- which has popped up several times since she started her term in January. Now the socialist wing have delayed the vote and are asking for it to include all forms of prejudice.
Yesterday we all thought that Hillary Clinton wasn’t going to run for President. But now we are learning that she can’t understand why we all thought that and she isn’t ready to close the door quite yet.
- Hillary Clinton wasn’t trying to ‘close the door’ on 2020 when she said she was not running: report. (Fox News)
- ‘I’m not running’: Hillary Clinton rules out 2020 bid for first time on camera in exclusive interview with News 12. (Westchester News 12)
April 2nd Elections:
On Tuesday, April 2nd many around the Ozarks will be heading to the polls to vote on multiple ballot issues. In Nixa, citizens will be voting for an increase in taxes for the schools.
- BOND ELECTION QUESTION #1- Shall Nixa Public Schools borrow money in the amount of $15,000,000 and issue bonds for the payment thereof, estimated to result in no increase to the District’s debt service property tax levy, for the purpose of acquiring property for school purposes, constructing, improving, repairing, renovating, furnishing and equipping school facilities, including renovating and improving the High School stadium, constructing additional classrooms at Century Elementary School and replacing HVAC units and improving roofs at various District facilities? If this question is approved, the District’s debt service property tax levy is estimated to remain unchanged at $1.0666 per one hundred dollars of assessed valuation of real and personal property.
- SPECIAL ELECTION QUESTION #2- Shall the Board of Education of Nixa Public Schools, be authorized to increase the operating tax levy of the District by $0.41 per one hundred dollars of assessed valuation for the purpose of increasing teachers’ salaries and funding the costs of capital projects and ongoing maintenance at District facilities? If this question is approved, the operating tax levy of the District is estimated to be $3.6330 per one hundred dollars of assessed valuation.
- Christian County April 2nd Sample Ballot. (KSGF)
- All SW MO April 2nd Sample Ballots. (KSGF)
“Stop Socialism” Legislation:
State Senator Eric Burlison has filed legislation that is called “Stop socialism.” It is to keep government entities from competing against local businesses- like the parks board creating gyms. Former Springfield council member Justin Burnett is weighing in on the issue.
- The consequences of the Stop Socialism Act. (News-Leader)
- Missouri Senate Bill 122. (Missouri Senate)
Shooting in Springfield:
A US Marshall shot a man yesterday after he was asked to show his hands and didn’t comply.