Make sure to join us this Friday (September 6th) for our new KSGF Happy Hour!
Former Walmart CEO Bill Simon said he is unsure if the retail giant’s new gun policies will put a damper on the country’s mass shootings.
- ‘Difficult to say’: Former Walmart CEO reluctant to say if store’s gun policy will prevent mass violence (Washington Examiner)
- Walmart Stops Selling Handgun Ammo, Asks Customers To Stop Openly Carrying Guns In Stores (KSGF)
- Walmart to stop Alaska handgun sales, end sales of short-barrel rifle and handgun ammo nationwide; NRA hits back (Fox News)
In the wake of a Palestinian Authority police ban on organized activities by LGBTQ groups, Israel announced advocacy to those affected. Two American Congresswomen have also weighed in with the issues. Local Palestinian advocacy groups have now shifted their attention to “the occupation.”
- After Palestinian LGBTQ Ban, Israel Extends Helping Hand (Daily Caller)
Are vaping industries attempting to target children and young adults? Scott Allen, a prevention specialist for Community Partnership of the Ozarks, spoke last week to a group at MSU. Allen discusses how to speak to children about vaping, and what the vaping industry is doing to get kids hooked.
- Vaping industry is targeting kids, CPO prevention specialist warns (Springfield News-Leader)
The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has passed a resolution declaring the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” and urged the federal government to do the same.