Hour 1 –
Nick Reed talks about a variety of topics in the news, including:
- U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, showed up at an anti-police brutality protest in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, saying demonstrators needed to “stay on the street,” demanding justice until police reform becomes a reality.
- Mark your calendar on Saturday, May 15th, for the KSGF Can’t Wait For Summer Kickoff! We will be raising money for Honor Flight of the Ozarks.
- About 450 unaccompanied migrant girls, ages 13 to 17, were abruptly moved out of a U.S. housing facility in Houston on Saturday — less than three weeks after it opened.
- Former President George W. Bush urged Congress to do away with “harsh rhetoric about immigration” as he pledged support for a pathway to citizenship earlier in the week.
- Steve Pokin with the Springfield News-Leader wrote a piece about the new Willard Mayor, Samuel Snider. The piece was a little… Odd.
- Planned Parenthood’s president and chief executive officer, Alexis McGill Johnson, now says the abortion provider is “reckoning” with the legacy of its founder, Margaret Sanger, and they are looking to “cancel” the early abortion and birth control advocate over her connections to “white supremacist groups and eugenics.”