Oprah Winfrey started cold calling Texans to encourage Texas voters to get to the polls.
Footage showing long lines of enthusiastic early voters in a Georgia county drew predictable cries of “voter suppression” from Democrats and Twitter pundits, while election experts said such allegations were baseless and lacked context.
- Long Lines at Georgia Polling Place Prompt Hysterical Accusations of GOP ‘Voter Suppression’ (National Review)
Many young black voters are questioning party loyalty.
The Jasper School District has launched an investigation following a recent complaint that prayers were led by the head football coach.
- Jasper football coach accused of leading students in prayer; district opens investigation (Joplin Globe)
Anchorage, Alaska, Mayor Ethan Berkowitz resigned Tuesday, a day after apologizing for what he described as a “consensual, inappropriate messaging relationship,” with a local television anchor.
- Anchorage, Alaska, mayor resigns over sex scandal: ‘I am deeply sorry’ (Fox News)
- Anchorage mayor admits to ‘inappropriate messaging relationship’ with news anchor (Anchorage Daily News)
- Bombshell: Reporter Maria Athens threatens to kill Mayor Berkowitz in disturbing voicemail (The Alaskan Landmine)